Business Controller to support sales
For our client in the surroundings of Rotterdam, we are looking for a business controller to support the sales department. The client is an A-brand food company in Rotterdam. The aim of the company is to strive for the finest, high-quality products. Their ambition is to be the leader in the nutrition research and education. They have a strong sustainability strategy.
In the role of business controller to support the sales department, you have the task to give advice on new investments and opportunities, give support in medium and long term financial and strategic decisions and encouraging commercial growth in Europe. In addition, as a business controller you support projects to deliver commercial presence in new local markets in Europe. You will guide this project from start to finish. Besides, you are seen as a business partner. So you have to be approachable and trusted because people come to you for advice. This position requires independent action, initiative, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility. You also have to be flexible and be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and come up with practical ideas of dealing those.
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsability for them. You can react quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them. You are result-oriented, innovative and analytical with a drive for change.
The main responsibilities that will be given are
- Supporting commercial activities by closely working together with sales and marketing;
- Deliver analysis about the competitors and the market;
- Generate models that ensure long term growth;
- Formulate different business cases with the goal to support new investments, strategic and other business decisions;
- Collaborate proactively with different departments to ensure financial and commercial growth. Supporting the management team, finance, sales and marketing;
- Generating new commercial opportunities in new local markets in Europe.
What do you need to make this job a success
- Excited about a career in nutrition;
- Strong financial skills combined with commercial insights to support the sales department;
- You are good at talking to people and relationship builder.
What are we looking for?
- Fluent in English;
- Preference for experience in the food industry of FMCG;
- Minimum of 5 years of business controller experience;
- You have experience as a project manager;
- You have a Bachelor of Master degree in finance;
- Professional qualification such as RC/RA or equivalent.
- Regio Rotterdam
- Vast dienstverband bij opdrachtgever