For our client in the surroundings of Rotterdam, we are looking for a commercial controller. The company is active in the food industry and is located in different countries. The aim of the company is to strive for the finest, high-quality products. Their ambition is to be the leader in the nutrition research and education.
In the role of commercial controller, you have the task to give advice on new investments and opportunities, give support in medium and long term financial and strategic decisions and encouraging commercial growth in Europe. In addition, as a commercial controller you are support projects to deliver commercial presence in new local markets in Europe. You will guide this project from start to finish. Besides, you are seen as a business partner. So you have to be approachable and trusted because people come to you for advice. This position requires independent action, initiative, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility. You also have to be flexible and be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and come up with practical ideas of dealing those.
The main responsibilities that will be given are
- Supporting commercial activities by closely working together with sales and marketing;
- Deliver analysis about the competitors and the market;
- Generate models that ensure long term growth;
- Formulate different business cases with the goal to support new investments, strategic and other business decisions;
- Collaborate proactively with different departments to ensure financial and commercial growth. Supporting the management team, finances and marketing;
- Generating new commercial opportunities in new local markets in Europe.
What do you need to make this job a success
- Excited about a career in nutrition;
- Strong financial skills combined with commercial insights;
- You are good at talking to people and relationship builder .
What are we looking for?
- Fluent in English;
- Preference for experience in the food industry of FMCG;
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial/business controller experience;
- You have experience as a project manager;
- You have a Bachelor of Master degree in finance;
- Professional qualification such as RC/RA or equivalent.
- Strong and approachable communicator;
- Integrity is something that describes you;
- Adaptable and pragmatic: you react quickly to changes;
- Proactive: takes initiatives, driven to get things done and positive response to pressure;
- You are result-oriented, innovative and analytical with a drive for change;
- You are a problem solver who likes change and innovation while controlling the big picture;
- You are risk-taking, socially poised and motivating team builder.
- Have you become enthusiastic about this vacancy? Please do not hesitate to contact us. An assessment is part of the application procedure.
Annual salary between €70000 and €75000.
Have you become enthusiastic about this vacancy? Please do not hesitate to contact us. An assessment is part of the application procedure.